What is the danger of house dust | TELNEWS

What is the danger of house dust

Ordinary house dust consists of organic and mineral particles that come from everything that surrounds us. About 20% of house dust is dead skin cells and hair, animal hair. The rest of the dust brought from the street with clothes and shoes. It can be pieces of fabrics, paper, pollen, waste products of dust mites (saprophytes). There is also space dust, consisting of elements of meteorites that burned up in the atmosphere.

The dangerous dust

Dust particles clog the upper Airways and lungs. Dust contains toxins and heavy metals. Inhaling household dust, you are constantly experiencing a state of intoxication. For asthmatics dust is a major irritant. Mainly, this is due to the contained dust mites. They feed on flakes of epidermis and live in carpets, upholstered furniture, and toys. Waste saprophytes consist of guanine, which is a strong allergen. It can provoke allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis and asthma.

In addition, dirt from the street may contain helminth eggs, which you bring home with shoes. The probability that household dust is the eggs of the worms is higher if you or neighbors animals that routinely walk in the street.

Particles of dust and lint on the face lead to rashes on the face, since the dirt connected with sebum and the pores become clogged stronger.

Some pathogens of enteric infections - Salmonella, Yersinia, Giardia can persist in household dust.

How to get rid of household dust?

Do a dry cleaning, especially if you are allergic to dust mites. These microorganisms actively multiply when humidity is above 60%. Keep the humidity in your home at 40-60%. There's analyzers, dehumidifiers and humidifiers.

Not all mites in the wash, and the survivors reproduce at drying damp clothes. Therefore, it is preferable to machine drying. It would be good to periodically put in the freezer soft toys, cushions and other dust collectors by approximately 12 hours at -18 °C. it is believed that at temperatures below 0 °C mites die within a few days. So, for example, in a holiday home, an Allergy is rarely seen. If someone in the house got an intestinal infection, it is necessary to wash the floor with bleach every two days.

ELSE:

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *